Zoids Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zoids Legacy

Buy a zoid and take on people in awesome battles.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Empty Hanger Bay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female
Number of posts : 9
Empire : Arcadia
Registration date : 2009-03-27

An Empty Hanger Bay Empty
PostSubject: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 am

Reila hummed quietly to herself as she sat in the corner of a newly built hanger bay. It was huge, fitting for the four pilots in her team, plus any extra Zoids that each pilot may have owned or would come to own. The only other living creature in the large area was her cat, Mao, even if she couldn't really be called living. "Reila, want me to go watch for the rest of the team?" the cat asked in a near silent whisper, seeing as she was settled on Reila's shoulder.

"Mm. Go on. But remember to pretend to be a normal cat," Reila hissed back. Mao mewed in reply, the sound echoing, before hopping off Reila's shoulder and padding her way toward the open gates while the red-headed mechanic stood and started to reorganize her tools.
Back to top Go down
Raikuu
D - Rank pilot
Raikuu

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): 35000
Zoid Type: Helcat
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:56 am

Not too long after, Raikuu piloted his Helcat in through the mouth of the hangar. Despite the fact that it was obviously moving, it hardly made a sound as he slowly moved it to a spot in the hangar and powered it down. Then, a few moments after, the head popped open and out climbed the tall man of over six feet. "Oh... Hello," he said quietly when he spotted Reila over with her tools. "I take it I beat the rest of them here..."
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:04 am

Reila heard a loud MEOW from Mao, then turned and watched as a Helcat entered the hanger. She then leaned against her work counter as the Zoid powered down and a guy climbed out. "Sure did, Raikuu," Reila said with a grin as she looked up at him. "Nice Zoid, by the way. Stealthy bugger," she added, eyes sweeping from Raikuu to the Helcat, examining it.
Back to top Go down
Raikuu
D - Rank pilot
Raikuu

Zoid Sheet
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 am

Raikuu smiled a little and turned to look up at his new Zoid. Even with testing out some of its equipment, and walking it here, it still looked rather clean and... new. "Yeah, I thought that it would be able to contribute to our tactics, since it can hide from our opponents," he replied before he looked back down at Reila. This was definitely a first for him. He had practically shut himself away from too many people until she managed to get into touch with him and convince him to join. "I already got used to him."
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:19 am

"Good, good~," Reila chimed, then hoisted herself up onto her tall desk, pretty much just using her arms, in an effort to boost her height so that she wasn't craning her neck to look up at Raikuu. "Jeez, I need a stool or something," she quiped with a laugh. "Either that or a saw. Cut you off at the knees," she added. She was quite obviously joking. Now it was just a waiting game for the rest of the team.

Last edited by Reila Otsuka on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raikuu
D - Rank pilot
Raikuu

Zoid Sheet
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:26 am

Raikuu blinked and couldn't help but chuckle at his much shorter team captain. He then squatted down a bit and looked up at her from his new vantage point close to the floor. "Is this a little better, Reila?" he asked, his voice sounding vaguely amused as he stared up at her with his empty-seeming dark eyes. "Now you're standing higher than me."
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 am

"Oh, haha, Raikuu," Reila said with an amused laugh. "Do you WANT me to throw this wrench at your head?" she asked, grinning in a very cat-like manner. She didn't have a complex about her height, but she also wouldn't allow people to tease her about it either. She'd gotten pretty deadly with her aim as well. She usually didn't fail to hit, even when she warned people. No one ever took her seriously.

Last edited by Reila Otsuka on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raikuu
D - Rank pilot
Raikuu

Zoid Sheet
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:35 am

"Not really," Raikuu said bluntly as he stood up and stretched. Sitting like that hurt after a while, anyway. Besides, he felt like he should heed her warning for some reason. She'd have to aim a little higher to conk him while he stood straight, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 am

Reila snerked. "Thought so," she said, placing her wrench back down beside her, ready to defend against teasing people. "I wonder where the rest of the team is," the red-head muttered, looking at her watch. She then slipped off the counter. "Well, I'll show you around a bit, seeing as it doesn't look like any of the others will be showing up anytime soon," she said, walking toward a door near the back, Mao would let her know anyway.

The door was the same colour as the walls and nearly blended in. The small red-head pulled it open, revealing a kitchen with a sink off to the side for her to wash up after working with the huge machines.
Back to top Go down
9Spade
D - Rank pilot
9Spade

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): 1000
Zoid Type: Redler
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:51 am

Lining up his zoid with the entrance to the hanger, 9Spade carefully nudged the stick, in order to ensure that nothing would scrap on the edges of the doorway as he made his way in. Adjusting his stabilizers, and lightly using the throttle, he slowly made his way inside of the hanger, cursing the fact that he had to land once in a while. The day that they created an ever lasting fuel cell would be the day that he stopped touching down all together. Bumping over a pile of boxes as he came to a complete stop, he added in a couple of other words that were part of the standard soldiers vocabulary. From the sight vibration that he felt as he undid his seat belt, he just knew that Noir was laughing at him. Muttering darkly about zoids who mock their owners he jumped out of the cockpit and began to look around... Surely someone else was around here.
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:23 am

Reila, heading a loud MEOW from Mao, turned and stepped back into the hanger, holding up a finger for Raikuu to wait. She then watched as another Zoid entered, this one a flying type. She stayed silent as the pilot jumped out and looked around, then finally decided to let him know she was there. "Nice of you to join us," she said with a wide grin as she walked over to him. "Nice landing, by the way," she added with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
D - Rank pilot
Ezekiel

Male
Number of posts : 11
Empire : Arcadian
Zoid : Chaos (A gunmetal grey Command Wolf)

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): $25,000
Zoid Type: Command Wolf
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 am

There was a sound in the distance, much resembling heavy thuds, repeating at a very quick, but steady tempo. Were one to look out the door, they would see a cloud of dust, preceded by a gunmetal grey Command Wolf. The Zoid suddenly stopped running, skidding to a halt nearly fifty meters from the complex. Having stopped moving completely,the cloud it had kicked up rushed out from behind, and dissipated in front of it. When the mess settled, the wolf was walking again, at a slower pace. Not too long, and it had entered the open hangar. Using what room it could, the Zoid turned around, its tail facing one of the walls. The head lowered briefly, and the orange shield slid open to let the pilot out of the cockpit. When the man was clear, and on the ground, the Zoid positioned itself in a standby pose, and waited for the man's return.

The white haired, young man wandered away from his wolf, staring at the other Zoids collected in the hangar. His vibrant, blue eyes held an emotion of pure joy. He'd never seen this many Zoids in one place before. Of course, he was here for a reason, and quickly snapped out of his trance. Not long ago, someone had contacted him, and asked him to join their team. He didn't know why, but with such an opportunity, he wasn't about to turn them down. The blue eyes first settled on another man, seemingly a rather hardened individual. Then they refocused on a woman with a rather unimposing stature. Rushing across the vast room, he waved his left hand through the air.

"Hey," he shouted as he closed in. Returning his hand to his side, he slowed his stride considerably, finally standing next to the other man, and alternating his gaze between him, and the vertically challenged woman. He was still catching his breath, but was too excited to refrain from speaking until he did so. "Hi. My name is Ezekiel. You guys can call me Zeke." A few deep breaths followed. "I was called here about the team. I'm glad to be given this chance, and promise not to let you down." He was still alternating glances, unsure of who, exactly, he was addressing.
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:05 am

Reila stepped forward, an easy smile in place. "Glad to have you with us, Zeke. I'm Otsuka Reila, the leader of Team Sudranvilgan. Feel free to call me Reila," she said, holding out her hand to shake. Then she shook her head. "Good gods, I'm surrounded by bean-poles," she added with a cheerful laugh.
Back to top Go down
9Spade
D - Rank pilot
9Spade

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): 1000
Zoid Type: Redler
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 am

Shaking his head at the rumbling that was coming from his zoid, 9Spade quickly snapped out of it when he was confronted with a short red headed woman. Mentally comparing the image in his head to the person in front of him, his whole demeanor changed when it came back a match. Removing his helmet, he stood to attention with the sound of crashing boots, and gave a swift and crisp salute, full of military precision.

"9Spade reporting for duty, forgive me for the landing, I'll fix those boxes up straight away."

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed the arrival of a command wolf and gave a small almost undetectable sniff at the zoid. While he didn't have the traditional air man's disdain for ground pounders, he did have a problem with people who stuck to the more conventional models, with the Command Wolf topping the list of zoids that he found lacking. His first glance at the pilot also confirmed his opinion, silently marking the guy off as cannon fodder, he made a mental note to avoid the guy like the plague if he was ever wearing red.
Back to top Go down
Reila Otsuka
Lvl1 Mechanic
Reila Otsuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:01 am

"Mah, mah... At ease, Spade," Reila said with a giggle. "You can relax here, y'know. You can consider this place a second home, as you'll likely be spending time here," she added, placing her hands on her hips. "I was just about to show Raikuu around. Anyone else wanna join us for the grand tour?" she asked, making mental note of the single missing pilot in their team of five.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
D - Rank pilot
Ezekiel

Male
Number of posts : 11
Empire : Arcadian
Zoid : Chaos (A gunmetal grey Command Wolf)

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): $25,000
Zoid Type: Command Wolf
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:41 am

Ezekiel shook the woman's hand, taking note of her name. He didn't quite know what 'bean poles' were, though. Perhaps it was an inside joke. He would have offered to shake the other person's hand, but quite frankly, the man scared him. "It's a pleasure to meet you both," was all he offered. As for the second man, the one that he assumed Reila referred to as Raikuu, he was a bit far away to shake hands with without making an awkward, forced scene of things. A quick wave would suffice, he hoped.

The woman offered to give them a tour. Having just arrived, he didn't know much about the place, so he thought it was a fantastic idea. "Count me in."
Back to top Go down
Pegasus J. Kroitzel
D - Rank pilot

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Zoid Sheet
Bit's (Money): 30,500
Zoid Type: Stealth Viper
Zoid Weapons:

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am

(Room for one more, I hope!)

A good mile or so away, the earth above rumbled. There was a reason for this: A Stealth Viper was beneath, burrowing through at a good speed. Sitting within was the white-haired, born-and-bred mechanic, Pegasus Kroitzel.

He'd fallen asleep within the cockpit, trusting Bill to take over. ...When he hit a grounding bar in the earth, though, Pegasus woke right up. The shockwave caused by the impact would've been felt inside the building.

"Bill, what just happened? I thought we knew the area?"

On the screen, came a message.

"So did I. This must have been a recent addition."

Smirking, Pegasus replied.

"Well, let's head topside and see what's what, shall we?"

"Roger."

Quickly spinning to loosen the earth around it, Bill made a turn, heading up and away from the impact site, before breaking the earth roughly 30 seconds later. Seeing it was, indeed, a Zoid hangar, Pegasus made the logical assumption.

"A team... ...This could mean some money."

This particular Stealth Viper wasn't terribly modified. Most of its components were stock. However, the CP-04s were powerful, especially quintuple-stacked as they were. The Tech Spore unit also allowed Pegasus to track enemies from beneath the earth, as powerful as it made its sensors.

He didn't want to just barge in, but none of the Zoids seemed to have pilots within, so, messaging was out. Slithering in, the Viper lowered its head, the canopy opening, revealing its pilot, who coolly exited the battle machine.

"Why, hello! I do hope I'm not intruding, and I'm terribly sorry if I am! I'm rather pressed for bits, at the moment, and I'm looking for employment. I'm a capable mechanic, and I'm no greenhorn when it comes to battling either."

...He wisely left out the fact that the vast majority of his opponents were simulated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Empty Hanger Bay   An Empty Hanger Bay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Empty Hanger Bay
Page 1 of 1